Wednesday, July 15, 2015

True Story

     A quick true story:

     This older couple, we'll say late 60's, came in today to discuss a few things, and as they were leaving, we stood in the lobby passing the time while they regaled me with stories of what the town used to be like.  We were going back and forth with the questions and answers when this happened -

Male: I've always liked this branch.  It's so close to our home.  The last manager was a nice gal.  Now what was her name again?
Heather: Do you mean Becky? (There have been a couple, so I was checking.)
M: Yes! And her last name was ... I forget.
H: It was Ocas ... Ocass - Ocasio.  I think I may be mispronouncing it.
Wife: Was she colored?

I turned fully towards her and said, "no, ma'am," and then turned my back to her.

As I said, this was out in the open in the lobby and in front of customers, and as it just so happens, in front of my Haitian-American employee.  He chuckled and shook his head.  It reminded me of an apropos Dave Chappelle skit.  This is the last scene.  If you're a fan, you'll know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFuF8Y1H06

No comments:

Post a Comment