Thursday, May 8, 2014

Norm

     It has been a long time since I've written a post.  The town I'm working in currently is so idealicly small town New England, that nothing seems to be going on.  Everyone knows each other, knows what the family is doing, knows the kids.  It's like the Stepford Wives.
     There's a little deli a small walk from my store that I grab my lunch at daily.  Nice people.  I say please and thank you, yes ma'am, no sir ... You get the point.  They wrap your sandwich in butcher paper and write the price in grease pencil on the outside.  Homey.  They come to my store every day to do business, as well.  We're all pleasant.  
     Today, when I walked over to get my sandwich (egg salad on dark rye with a little onion), there was a friendly conversation going on with a man already at the counter.  Everybody called him by name, children were discussed, he appeared to be a local coach of some sort.  He even got a sandwich I get sometimes.  He walked to the front, I ordered and followed him with my lunch. 
     At the counter, I noticed that his sandwich was $2 less than mine.  $2 less than I pay for all the sandwiches I've ordered there for almost 2 weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment