Friday, October 11, 2013

Car Time

     I had to attend a meeting outside the city today, so no train time.  I was driving down the road ... latte in cup holder, NPR on the radio, no stretched out male smushing up against me, chatting to me happily out loud ... and I thought to myself:

     "Self, I remember this fondly.  Hmmmm, maybe we miss this aspect of life."

     It all came back to me on the commute home.  I offered to drive a fellow meeting participant back into the city and drop him off at South Station.  I was going that way, I argued to myself.  Why not?  After all, it's exactly 7.7 miles from this T-stop to my front door. 

     It took me 30 minutes to get from the meeting to the station (15 miles), and then ANOTHER 1 hour and 15 minutes to get home after I pushed him out the passenger door.  I will take the train, with its lack of cup holders and abundance of slightly sweaty weirdos in exchange for forward momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment