Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Small Aside

     While in NYC, there was an active film crew on the street where my hotel was located.  All the pedestrians seemed rather nonplussed, probably because there's somebody filming on every fifth street in that city.  They were filming inside the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, so that means it was surely some version of Law & Order/CSI/SVU, etc.  What was interesting to me, was that I was able to walk what felt like right through the midst of it all.  Craft services was literally set up right on the sidewalk.  An assistant-type walked past me, reminding an actor where to be set up for the next shot.  It was very cool.  The whole operation was there until evening.
     When I returned from a little exploring and walked past them later in the day, two different actors waiting on the sidewalk did double takes when I passed.  When this happened, I didn't think that they were attracted to or appalled by me, but in my heart, I hoped they looked because they were wondering why I wasn't inside waiting for my cue.  Like I could just shift right into the world where I truly belong.  It was bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment